What is an E-Check?
An E-Check (or electronic check) is an electronic version of a paper check used to make payments online. Anyone with a checking account can pay by E-Check.
To make a payment with an E-Check, you simply provide the following information:
- Your bank routing number*
- Your bank account number* (typically a checking account)
- The name on your bank account*
- You can use any # over 100 for Check # (this doesn’t really matter)
- Make sure you don’t put the check # with the account #.
Just like a regular check, it usually takes between 3 and 5 business days for an eCheck to clear and the money to appear in the recipient’s bank account.